The 3000 Series consists of a family of custom and standard ATR reference designs and enclosures also referred to as a chassis, in support highly rugged and MIL spec applications required by the defense and aerospace markets. The Series provides a full set of packaging features ideally suited to meet the demands of high-performance ground-based applications that must operate in difficult environments or by flight vehicles that operate at high altitudes.
Three (3) classes of product are provided and are classified by the type of cooling technology utilized. A variety of standard products exist that can be further customized. The Series 3000 Reference Design Specifications can be downloaded to include individual data sheets on each product.
- Machined aluminum (aerospace grade 6061-T6) housing with formed sheet metal (aluminum 5032-H32) internal structures and brackets
- Carbon fiber, composites and advanced materials optional and used as necessary
- Dip braised (optional)
- Chemical film per MIL-C-5541, Class 3, Gold Color (standard)
- Customer defined MIL-Spec painting and silk screen or engraving
- All standard ARINC 404A ATR sizes are supported
- Custom non-standard dimensions are easily adapted from reference designs
- Removable and customizable front I/O panels
- Extensive use of captive hardware
- Cleanable air filters on all air intakes (where applicable)
- Hard mount, cold plate, ARINC shock tray and custom mounting
- All Eurocard backplanes supported
- CompactPCI (cPCI)
- VME and VME64x (ANSI/VITA 1.1-1997)
- VXS (ANSI/VITA 41)
- VPX (VITA 46), OpenVPX (VITA 65) and VPX REDI (VITA 48)
- Hybrid, custom and semi-custom configurations designed and fabricated in house.
- 3U or 6U backplane and plug in boards
- Convection or conduction cooled boards.
- 8”, 0.85”, 1” and mixed board pitch supported
- Custom I/O panels can be discretely wired, plug into the backplane via right angle connectors, and/or utilize semi-rigid flex circuitry to maintain a homogenous backplane and I/O board structure.
NIS specializes in advanced cooling technologies with the ability to cool up to 200W per slot depending on cooling technology and operating environment. All designs are subjected to unique FEA thermal analysis with results provided throughout the design process.
|Class 3000||Convection cooling|
|Class 3100||Conduction cooling|
|Class 3200||Hybrid cooling (utilizes conduction cooled chassis with external air plenums and fans)
Liquid cooling and additional technologies are available with the use of unique cooling methods and advanced materials. Contact NIS for more details.
|VDC Input||12V, 24V, 28V, 48V, 72V and 270V nominal input|
|VAC Input||110VAC , 220VAC or autoranging
47-440Hz aircraft power support
3-phase power input support
|Custom||Custom configurations can be produced in collaboration with parent company Technology Dynamics, Inc.|
|EMI Filtering||MIL-STD-461 compliant EMI filters produced by sister company Nova Electric are included with all ATRs. Custom and semi-custom configurations available.|
|Voltage Holdup||MIL-STD-704 voltage hold up available as an option|
Common Specifications (abbreviated):
The specifications listed are the minimum met by all ATR Chassis. Please visit individual product pages to see which models exceed these specifications.
Temperature ranges vary by model and if heater option is selected
|Humidity||MIL-STD-810F / RTCA/DO-160F|
|Altitude||MIL-STD-810F, up to 40,000ft (operating)
MIL-STD-810F, up to 60,000ft. (non-operating)
|Inclination||0° to 30° in any axis|
- Fighter Jet
- Commercial aircraft
- Prop and Turbo prop aircraft