System integration can be complex and implemented at multiple levels. However, a top-down comprehensive approach must always be taken to produce a fully functional system. NOVA Integration Solutions considers all aspects of the system to be important to include component selection, the embedded processing system, the power supply, the cooling subsystem and the operating software. Care is taken to understand each Customer’s application with the objective to provide a system-level validation process starting with the hardware through to the software installation.
Should our Customers prefer to integrate their end-user products, we will ask the Customer to supply their products to us in a cooperative manner in support of developing a functional prototype. A fit check is also performed to insure a comprehensive configuration is delivered. Thereafter the choice to integrate is Customer specific. We will support any level of product integration that will be required.
Customers may select any level of integration:
- Component selection and procurement from 3rd party vendors
- Integration of hardware, power supply, and enclosure
- Software installation including operating system, drivers, etc.
- System health monitoring, set-up and calibration
- Functional, environmental and compliance testing
- Full documentation package including all of the above
- Turn-key solution
- Post-delivery product support (warranty, repairs and customer service)
The selection of highly reliable commercial-off-the-shelf products is the key to delivering a system that meets the performance and environmental requirements. Power consumption and heat dissipation is a critical. Each application is different and requires a top-down approach to include the use of other accessories to improve reliability as listed below.
- System Environmental Monitor (SEM)
- Hard drives (solid state disk or sealed rotating; hot swap or fixed; etc.)
- Optical drives
- Hot swap fans
- Redundant N+1 power supply systems
- Modular I/O panels and service ports